Ludum Dare… failed!

Well I didn’t finish off my game for Ludum Dare, it was mid afternoon on the Sunday when I realised there was no chance of me finishing the game in time so i pulled the plug.

I learnt a lot from the experience though – if I ever enter one again I need to make sure I have a blank project set up ready and waiting for the big day as i wasted a good hour or two on the first morning fiddling with project settings.
I also spent much too long fighting to get tiled backgrounds working using Tiled / libgdx but finally after 3 hours or so I got it to work using the “simple” aproach. Oh well at least I now know how to use it in my current game!

Categories: Dd, Games

Leave a Reply